Natural Balance is a coarse healthy muesli with, among other things. a large portion of speltwheat, corn flakes, alfalfa, wheat, linseed oil, carrot flakes and garlic flakes. It has following unique features:
- No added sugars and completely free of molasses. This makes the muesli highly suitable for sober breeds or horses that need a reduced sugar-intake
- With a correct omega 3/6 ratio to contribute to an improved fertility, stamina, hoof quality, skin, fur, and ability to concentrate and performance
- The high fibre level and coarse composition of the muesli stimulate chewing. This results in a high saliva production, which neutralizes fluctuations in pH caused by feed.
- High level of spelt wheat with natural glucosamine. Glucosamine plays an important role in the development and regeneration of cartilage which is important for flexible and vital joints.
- Garlic is traditionally one of the most used herbs due to its many attributed positive effects on health. Garlic is also very suitable for horses that are troubled by insects, horseflies and flies
- Oat free; therefore very suitable for horses that have a behavioural reaction to oats and ideal for horses and ponies with excitable temperaments.
It is important to feed a diet and quantity that meets the lifestyle and needs of the horse. A general guideline for the recommended total amount of concentrates per day:
• For maintenance and basic sport: 0.2 to 0.5 kg per 100 kg bodyweight.
• For (top) sport: 0.5 to 1.0 kg per 100 kg bodyweight.
Divide this daily ration into at least 2-3 meals per day. Always try to feed a minimum of 1.5% of bodyweight as good quality forage. Fresh drinking water must be available at all times.